05 Jun 5 Important Facts about Drunk Driving Accidents and Lawsuits (Pt. 1)
No matter how careful you may be when you are behind the wheel, you never know how sober and responsible other drivers may or may not be. The unfortunate and tragic fact is that, even though drunk driving is illegal and deadly – and despite the public campaigns to stop people from drinking and driving, many motorists still make the reckless decision to:
- Drive when they are drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Put other peoples’ safety and lives in danger.
In this two-part blog, we will discuss some important facts for people to know about drunk driving accidents and victims’ rights. Keep in mind that, when drunk drivers cause accidents, Richard Langerman is here for victims and is ready to fight for their rights to justice and compensation.
Fact 1 – About every 90 seconds, someone in the U.S. is injured in a drunk driving accident.
The incidence of drunk driving accidents is astounding. As Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reports:
- About 300,000 people in the U.S. drive while they are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs every day.
- Every 51 minutes, a drunk driving accident kills someone in the U.S. This results in at least 28 people being killed in DUI accidents in America every day.
- About 1 in every 3 people in the U.S. will be involved in a drunk driving accident (as a victim or the drunk driver) at least once in their lifetime.
While there is no accounting for why people choose to drive drunk, the fact is that this choice so often ends in dangerous and deadly accidents because drunk drivers are far more likely to:
- Fail to see important driving cues like, for instance, road signs, red lights, etc.
- Fail to properly or promptly respond to crucial driving cues
- Fall asleep behind the wheel
- Make other reckless choices like, for example, using their cellphones while driving.
Check out our additional installments of this blog to come for some more important facts and info about drunk driving accidents.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have been hurt in an drunk driving accident or in any type of motor vehicle accident, the Phoenix car accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the greatest possible compensation to cover your injuries, suffering and losses.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Contact Us Today
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.