10 Dec 7 Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney in an Initial Consult (Pt. 2)
Resuming 7 Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney in an Initial Consult (Pt. 1), below, we will continue pointing out important questions to ask a lawyer when you meet with him or her for the first time.
Additional Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney
3. What would your former clients say about your services?
This is a great question to ask a personal injury attorney because it can give you some insight as to whether a lawyer:
- Is in touch with former clients
- Has an idea of how his services have impacted former clients
- Has a track record of providing quality legal services and of obtaining favorable results for clients.
4. Can I get references from you?
Of course, when you ask a personal injury attorney about what his former clients would have to say about him, he’s probably only going to tell you the positive feedback (after all, why would he share negative feedback that would deter you from retaining him?). So, it’s generally a good idea to follow up questions about former clients with a question asking for specific references and their contact information.
An experienced personal injury attorney with a proven record of success will be ready to provide you with names, numbers and/or emails for former clients or others who can back up his work, record and services.
Here, it’s also important to note that:
- You may want to be cautious about moving forward with a personal injury attorney who is reluctant to provide you with references, as this could be a sign of his inexperience (and lack of references) or an indication of poor quality services (as he may not have any good references).
- If you do end up contacting references, be sure to specifically ask what they would have changed about their experience with a personal injury attorney. This can delve into some of the potential challenges or drawbacks of working with a lawyer (and this info may not otherwise come out when talking to references).
Check out the upcoming conclusion to this blog for some final important questions to ask a personal injury attorney during an initial consult.
Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have suffered from any type of personal injury and suspect that another party’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike.
To learn more about how we can help you, call us today at (602) 240-5525 or email us using the contact form at the top of this page to set up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys. From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.