05 Jan Arizona DUI Arrests Drop for Third Consecutive Year
In 2014, Arizona law enforcement officials made fewer DUI arrests than they had in 2013, marking the third consecutive year in which DUI arrests within the state have declined. In fact, according to statistics compiled and reported by the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS):
- In 2012, law enforcement officers made 32,174 Arizona DUI arrests.
- While this number dropped to 31,892 Arizona DUI arrests in 2013, it further declined to 28,471 Arizona DUI arrests in 2014.
- The peak period for making Arizona DUI arrests in any given year is the period from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day.
- Over this period in 2014, there were nearly 1,400 additional law enforcement officers on duty, as compared to the same period in 2013.
As Alberto Gutier, the director of the GOHS, has explained in relation to these statistics, “I’m very encouraged by the fact that people understand the consequences [of drinking and driving]… we’re doing something right. I think the public understands the dangers of driving drunk.”
After DUI Arrests & Criminal Cases: Civil Justice for DUI Accident Victims
The above findings regarding the drop in Arizona DUI arrests over the past three years is certainly good and welcome news. However, it cannot do much to assuage the physical, psychological and financial impacts that people suffer when they are hit by drunk drivers.
What can help victims facing these issues, however, is:
- Pursuing justice in civil court by filing DUI accident lawsuits against the negligent drivers.
- Retaining an experienced attorney to oversee this process and give it the best chances of success.
Phoenix Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
Have you been hit by a drunk driver? Or has someone you love been injured in a traffic accident caused by a drunk driver? If so, the Phoenix motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you with your financial recovery.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Let’s Talk about Your Options for Financial Recovery – Contact Us Today
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to set up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys. During this meeting, you can learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case and best options for financial recovery.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.