10 Oct Arizona Motorcycle Laws (Part 1)
Motorcycle riders – like truck drivers and drivers of passenger vehicles – are required to comply with the general traffic laws in the state of Arizona. Additionally, however, they must also be in compliance with current laws in order to avoid being ticketed, having to pay expensive fines and potentially even being penalized in other ways. Arizona has designed it’s laws to protect both riders and others on the road, and they are intended to help reduce the number of motorcycle accidents and, as a result, make Arizona’s roadways as safe as possible.
The following provides an overview of current Arizona laws:
- Required safety equipment:
- All riders are required to wear eye protection in the form of safety goggles or helmet shields unless their motorcycles are equipped with windscreens.
- Riders who are younger than 18 years old are also required to wear safety helmets that have been approved by the Department of Transportation (i.e., that are DOT approved).
- Rules regarding riding motorcycles:
- Lane splitting (i.e., riding between lanes to try to pass other vehicles in front of the motorcycle or riding around a vehicle within the same lane to try to pass it) is generally prohibited.
- Motorcycle riders are allowed to co-ride or ride two abreast within the same lane of traffic (though more than two motorcycles cannot be co-ridden in the same lane).
It’s important to point out that these Arizona motorcycle laws are frequently updated and regularly changing, so riders should be sure to be aware of the latest changes to these laws in order to avoid potentially costly fines and to ensure they are always riding as safely as possible. For additional information regarding the requirements associated with Arizona motorcycle laws, check back for the upcoming Part 2 of this blog.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have suffered from any type of personal injury in a motorcycle accident and suspect that another party’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Our lawyers have a reputation for consistently and successfully protecting our clients’ rights and interests to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.