10 Feb After Car Accidents: Your Checklist for Protecting Your Rights (Pt. 2)
Resuming After Car Accidents: Your Checklist for Protecting Your Rights (Pt. 1), here, we’ll continue presenting some key things to keep in mind if you are ever in a traffic accident.
After Car Accidents: What to Do as You Await Help
Take pictures – Using your camera phone, a disposable camera or another device, make sure that you take photos of as much of the damage caused by the traffic accident as you can. After car accidents, some of the things that are generally the most important to photograph include (but may not be limited to):
- The damage to your vehicle
- The damage to other vehicles
- The impacts to surrounding fixed objects
- Your injuries and/or others’ injuries.
- Get other motorists’ info – As you wait after car accidents, collecting contact and driver-related info from all of the other parties involved in the collision will also be important. As you do this, make sure that you get each party’s insurer, driver’s license info and phone number/email address (at the very least). Also, when collecting this info, typing it up as an email with your phone (or other portable devices) can be a smart way to automatically create an electronic copy of it (for future reference).
- Don’t admit any fault – This is an important thing to remember after car accidents, as it’s one of the single most crucial aspects of the aftermath of collisions that can end up affecting victims’ claims to compensation. So, even if you may have caused or contributed to motor vehicle accidents, don’t say anything.
After Car Accidents: What to Do in the Days Following…
- Notify your insurer of the accident – Within days of the collision (or ideally within 48 hours), call your insurance company to report the collision.
- Keep all correspondence from insurers – As your insurer opens a claim for you, you’ll likely start to receive correspondence regarding the progress of your claim. Do yourself a giant favor and keep all of this correspondence in a single, safe location.
- Get medical treatments – If your injuries are more extensive, make sure you seek and continue to receive the necessary medical treatments. Also, be sure to retain any documents and/or bills you receive from medical providers.
- Contact us – The most important thing you can do to protect your rights after car accidents is to contact the Law Office of Richard Langerman. Our attorneys can fully protect your rights while favorably resolving your claims for compensation.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have been hurt in traffic accident that may have been caused by recklessness, negligence and/or carelessness, the Phoenix car accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Learn More during a Free Consult
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.