05 Nov Defective Products & Product Liability Cases: FAQs (Pt. 1)
On a daily basis, we rely on various consumer products, appliances and even medical devices to help us get around, complete regular chores and, ideally, make our lives a little bit easier. While some consumer products are safe and effective, however, others may put you and your family at risk every time you use them.
In fact, when defective or dangerous products end up hurting people, these injured parties will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries and damages and can pursue financial recovery by filing product liability cases.
In this blog series, we will answer some commonly asked questions about product liability cases to help people figure out if or when this may be a viable option for them. Although the information discussed herein is general, you can readily obtain more specific info and professional advice regarding your case by contacting the Law Office of Richard Langerman today.
Product Liability Cases: Some Important Info to Know…
Q – How do I know if I have a product liability case?
A – The best way to find out if you have a legitimate product liability claim is to consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your situation and inform you regarding whether you have a case.
That being stated, however, there may be some obvious indications that you have product liability claim, and these signs can include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- A product malfunctioning while you are using it
- Reports of problems with a specific product
- Recalls related to a specific product
- A lack of warnings on a product’s packaging or directions (regarding the possible risks or dangers associated with using that product).
Q – Who gets sued in product liability cases?
A – When people have been hurt by defective or dangerous products, in general, the company that has made, marketed and/or distributed these dangerous products will be the entity that is:
- Sued (i.e., is named as the defendant in product liability cases)
- Responsible for compensating the injured people if product liability cases are ultimately won for plaintiffs (i.e., the injured people).
Here, however, it’s important to point out that:
- When product liability cases are filed against established companies, these companies tend to have their own in-house lawyers who are skilled at fighting product liability cases.
- Having an experienced attorney on your side will be critical to effectively going up against these corporate lawyers and ensuring that your rights and interests are fully protected throughout the course of your case.
We will continue answering some important questions about product liability cases in the upcoming additional parts of this blog series – be sure to look for them!
Phoenix Product Liability Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have suffered from any injury due to the defective or dangerous nature of a product, the Phoenix product liability lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike.
Learn More during a Free Consult
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.