10 Nov Defective Products & Product Liability Cases: FAQs (Pt. 2)
Picking up from where we left off in Defective Products & Product Liability Cases: FAQs (Pt. 1), here we will continue responding to common questions about product liability cases.
Q – Are product liability cases always class action cases?
A – No. However, because defective and dangerous products tend to hurt a lot of people before these products are taken off of the market (and before the public is made aware of the dangers associated with such products), it’s not uncommon for:
- Multiple people to be injured by dangerous and defective products
- These people to file similar claims against the negligent manufacturers, companies or parties
- These cases to be consolidated (sometimes) in order to facilitate the process of resolving them.
Injured people should also know that they do NOT have to join class action cases and that they will have a choice of how their cases are filed (and proceed). In other words, people can pursue individual product liability cases even if or when class action cases may be underway.
Q – How long do I have to file my case?
A – This will depend on where you file your case. However, in the state of Arizona, you will have two years to file product liability cases. This means that:
- You will have two years from the date of your accident or the date on which your injuries were recognized to file your case.
- Waiting even one day after this two-year timeframe has expired can result in you losing your rights to pursue financial recovery in civil court.
Additionally, people considering moving forward with product liability cases should be aware that their cases will tend to be stronger if they don’t procrastinate filing them. This is generally because evidence for these cases is easier to come by (and less likely to be misplaced, lost or destroyed) soon after they’ve been injured (as opposed to months or even a year down the line).
Therefore, don’t put off filing product liability cases. Instead, consult with an attorney as soon as possible after being injured so your case is positioned for optimal success.
Q – How much are product liability cases worth?
A – The value of product liability cases will depend on the specific facts of a given case. Therefore, we can’t answer this question outright without knowing the particulars of your situation and potential case.
That being stated, however, some of the specifics that can impact the value of product liability cases include (but are not strictly limited to):
- The types of injuries sustained (as well as whether these injuries have or will cause permanent impairments, an inability to work, lost income, etc.)
- The nature of the defects and whether the manufacturer was aware of the risks associated with its products
- Whether the defendant may have a history of negligence when it comes to the safety of its products.
Don’t miss the upcoming conclusion to this blog series!
Phoenix Product Liability Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have suffered from any injury due to the defective or dangerous nature of a product, the Phoenix product liability lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.