15 Nov Defective Products & Product Liability Cases: FAQs (Pt. 3)
Concluding our blog series Defective Products & Product Liability Cases: FAQs, below are some additional answers to common questions about product liability cases.
Q – How long does it take to resolve product liability cases?
A – This is another factor that inherently hinges on the specific details of a case. While we can’t give you a definitive time frame for how long it takes to resolve product liability cases without knowing the facts of your case, what we can tell you is that:
- These cases can get very complicated, especially when they involve medical devices.
- You shouldn’t expect your case to be resolved in a matter of days or weeks.
- The more eager people are to resolve their cases quickly, the more they may be gambling with their potential compensation, as defendants can pick up on this and make low-ball settlement offers to people who seem to want to get their product liability cases over with ASAP.
Q – What kind of evidence is important to product liability cases?
A – Again, this will depend on the specific allegations in a case; however, in general, some of the types of evidence that can be critical to product liability cases include (but are by no means limited to):
- Expert witness testimony
- Medical records and doctors’ reports regarding people’s injuries
- Photographic or video evidence of the accident (when available)
- Records regarding a company’s history of safety testing its products.
Q – Is it essential to have an attorney help with product liability cases?
A – It is if you are serious about obtaining the full amount of compensation to which you may be entitled. While you can (of course) always represent yourself in product liability cases (or any legal pursuit), entrusting your case in the hands of an experienced attorney can be crucial to:
- Building the strongest possible case
- Effectively standing up to corporate lawyers and insurers who are skilled at fighting product liability claims
- Ensuring that you are ultimately successful in your financial recovery.
Phoenix Product Liability Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have suffered from any injury due to the defective or dangerous nature of a product, the Phoenix product liability lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Learn More during a Free Consult
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.