28 Feb DePuy ASR Hip Implant Settlement FAQs (Pt. 2)
Resuming DePuy ASR Hip Implant Settlement FAQs (Pt. 1), here, we’ll continue answering some common questions about the recently announced offer made in the DePuy ASR MDL.
More Important Info about the DePuy ASR Hip Implant Settlement
Q – How long do I have to decide whether to accept the DePuy ASR hip implant settlement?
A – This is a great question for anyone who is considering the DePuy ASR hip implant settlement, as there are various deadlines that need to be met prior to receiving any payouts (if you do end up choosing to accept an offer). In fact, while there will be deadlines for registering for the settlement program, there will then also be deadlines for submitting medical records and other requested materials.
At this point, the Settlement Oversight Committee and DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. have yet to announce settlement-related deadlines (as the announcement of the DePuy ASR hip implant settlement came just days ago). However, as more details about this settlement program are made available, we’ll bring them to you here (in our blog).
Q – Can DePuy pull this offer off of the table?
A – Yes. If a certain number of plaintiffs who are eligible to receive this DePuy ASR hip implant settlement do not end up taking the offer, then DePuy has a “walk away” option that will allow it to pull the offer and not pay anyone who may have already accepted the offer. Here, we also want to point out that:
- The details regarding the target percentage for offer acceptance have not yet been specified by the Settlement Oversight Committee and/or DePuy Orthopaedics.
- When DePuy announces the target acceptance percentage, it should also announce the date or deadline by which it will officially decide whether to move forward with or withdrawal the DePuy ASR hip implant settlement.
- Even if the target percentage is not ultimately met, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the DePuy ASR hip implant settlement offer will be pulled.
Q – Should I accept a DePuy ASR hip implant settlement?
A – Not without first talking to an experienced DePuy hip implant lawyer who can:
- Review the facts of your case
- Evaluate the offer you’ve been made
- Determine whether that offer is sufficient or not.
The bottom line is that:
- You do NOT have to accept a DePuy ASR hip implant settlement offer.
- You should NOT accept this offer if it doesn’t adequately compensate you for your losses.
- Working with an experienced lawyer will be your best bet for protecting your rights to compensation and ensuring you ultimately receive the full payouts you deserve.
Phoenix Product Liability Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you or someone you love has been hurt as a result of using defective DePuy hip implants, the Phoenix hip implant lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman are ready to help you. Dedicated and experienced, our attorneys will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.