17 Dec Get Ready for Winter Traveling with These Driving and Safety Tips (Part 3)
Concluding the three-part blog Get Ready for Winter Traveling with These Driving and Safety Tips, here are some final words on what drivers can do to reduce their chances of getting into serious motor vehicle accidents as they commute this winter. While Parts 1 and 2 of this blog focused on how to prepare your car for operating on the roadways and what you should keep in your vehicle in order to stay safe if your car breaks down, here in Part 3, we will discuss how drivers should prepare themselves for winter driving.
Winter Driving Safety Tip #3 – Know How to Operate Your Vehicle on Icy Roads
Once your car is prepared for the winter season, the next step will be to make sure that you – as a driver – are also prepared. This involves either learning or brushing up on defensive driving skills for icy and snowy roadways. More specifically, drivers should:
- Drive slower when the roads are icy or snowy.
- Leave greater headway between their vehicles and the cars they are following. In fact, it’s a good idea to triple the amount of space between vehicles in order to give cars ample room to stop on icy or snowy roads.
- Leave plenty of room when driving in the vicinity of snowplows or other large trucks. While these vehicles will have very limited visibility, they are also much harder to stop on icy roads.
- When braking, avoid slamming on the brakes to prevent vehicles from skidding. Instead, step down the brake pedal slowly.
- Keep their vehicle’s lights and windshield clean, and keep the lights on at all times in order to promote greater visibility.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have been injured in a car accident or have suffered from any type of personal injury and suspect that another party’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix car accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Our lawyers have a reputation for consistently and successfully protecting our clients’ rights and interests to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.