18 Nov Getting Ready to Meet with a PI Lawyer? Here’s What You Should Know… (Part 1)
When you or a loved one is injured in any type of accident, dealing with the aftermath of the injury can be difficult on an emotional, physical and financial level. Specifically, while you may be struggling with the mental impacts of being disabled for the short- or long-term and with physical impacts of adjusting to your new limitations, you may also be hit with expensive medical bills that can be financially crippling – especially if you are not able to work for any period of time.
In such cases, it’s important that you consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to:
- Learn more about your rights
- Receiving a professional assessment of your case
- Find out if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
As you prepare to meet with an attorney for an initial consultation, here are some things you can do to ensure that your meeting is as informative and helpful as possible:
- Collect copies of the accident report – If you were in a motor vehicle accident and police responded to the scene, there will be an official police report associated with the accident, and this report can be very helpful to:
- Establishing who was at fault for causing the accident
- Providing specific details regarding when and where the accident occurred
- Providing contact information for all parties involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses to it.
- Compile copies of your medical bills – If you have a case and choose to follow through with a lawsuit for your claims, you can be compensated for all of your medical bills associated with the injuries you incurred from the accident, and having copies of these bills will be crucial to establishing the amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
For more tips on what you can do to get ready to meet with a personal injury lawyer, see the upcoming Part 2 of this blog.
Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have suffered from any type of personal injury and suspect that another party’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Our lawyers have a reputation for consistently and successfully protecting our clients’ rights and interests to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.