17 May Motorcyclist Killed in Mesa Car Accident
A motorcyclist driving at a high speed on Rio Salado Parkway this morning was killed when he crashed into a vehicle that was making a left-hand turn in front of him. The motorcyclist, who had not been wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, was thrown from his bike and was ultimately pronounced dead at the scene of the accident when emergency responders were unable to revive him. Although law enforcement officials have stated that they do not believe that the driver of the vehicle, who was not injured in the accident, was intoxicated or otherwise impaired when the accident occurred, they are continuing their investigation to try to uncover whether the driver or the motorcyclist may have acted negligently and, as a result, contributed to the accident.
Should the driver ultimately be found to have been negligent or somehow reckless and this negligence can be linked to causing the accident, the family of the deceased motorcyclist will be entitled to compensation for:
- Funeral and burial costs for their deceased loved one
- Medical bills, including the bills associated with the emergency responders who ultimately pronounced the motorcyclist dead at the scene
- Future lost wages due to the untimely death of their love one
- Their own mental anguish caused by losing their loved one.
Examples of driver negligence that could form the basis of a car accident wrongful death lawsuit in this case may include:
- Failure to obey traffic laws, such as by failing to yield right of way or running a red light
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving or playing with a GPS system while driving
- Driving while fatigued
If you were injured in a car accident or lost a loved one in a wrongful death accident, the Phoenix, AZ auto accident attorneys at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. We have extensive experience representing clients both inside and outside of the courtroom against both defense attorneys and insurance company agents alike.
Our attorneys will fight to protect our clients’ rights, ensuring they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.