31 Jan Play It Safe Super Bowl Sunday & Designate a Sober Driver, NHTSA Urges
As football fans across the nation gear up for this year’s Super Bowl, federal safety regulators are urging the public to stay responsible and safe this Super Bowl Sunday by having a designated driver if they’ll be drinking alcohol as part of their celebrations.
As U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx has explained, “my team won’t be in the Super Bowl, but I will be watching… if you’re hosting a Super Bowl party or out watching the game with friends, remember that fans don’t let fans drive drunk. Always have a plan to get home safely.”
NHTSA Tips for Having a Safe Super Bowl Celebration
Here’s what the NHTSA is recommending if you’ll be going to or hosting a Super Bowl party this year and drunk driving may be an issue (for you, your loved ones and/or guests at your party):
- Make sure that you have a sober driver or a way home before you go to a Super Bowl party.
- Use the NHTSA SafeRide mobile app, which can help you call a cab or a friend by pinpointing your location for them.
- Consider staying somewhere for the night if you can’t get a ride and you have been consuming alcohol as part of your Super Bowl celebrations.
- Be vigilant about stopping drunk friends or others from getting behind the wheel.
- If you are a sober driver, make sure to buckle up when driving – you never know when other drivers on the road may be drunk.
- If you are hosting a Super Bowl party, consider providing non-alcoholic beverage options and keep numbers for cabs on hand so your guests have an option for a sober ride home after the party ends.
As NHTSA Administrator Mark Rosekind has stated, “if you choose to drink, please make the winning decision that could save your life or the lives of others – find a sober driver to take you home… each life lost because of drunk driving is preventable, so please designate a driver.”
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
Have you been hurt in a traffic accident caused by a drunk driver? If so, the Phoenix car accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Learn More during a Free Consult
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.