25 May Summer Driving Safety Tips: Staying Safe on the Roads this Summer
Summer is almost here, meaning the season during which the most car accidents occur is just around the corner. Whether you regularly commute to work or you are planning a longer road trip this summer, taking some time to familiarize yourself with some essential summer driving safety tips can be key to:
- Avoiding risky behaviors
- Reducing your risk of a collision
- Protecting yourself and your passengers during your summertime travels.
Safety Recommendations for Summertime Travels
Have your vehicle maintained – The summertime heat can cause deteriorating or worn equipment on your vehicle to not work properly, especially if it’s been some time since you’ve had your vehicle serviced/maintained. So, before hitting the roads for the summer, have your vehicle’s tires, brakes, oil and battery inspected and, if necessary, repaired/replaced.
While this type of maintenance can help prolong the life of your vehicle, it can also be essential to ensuring that your vehicle works properly and that your risk of a collision (due to malfunctioning equipment) is as low as possible.
- Use the proper safety restraints – This means that, while you and your adult passengers should always buckle up when traveling in vehicles, any children should also be placed in the proper safety restraints (according to their size/weight and age). In fact, using the proper restraints is the single most effective thing you can do to stay safe and protect yourself regardless of what time of year it is.
- Comply with all traffic laws – In other words, follow the rights-of-way, stop at red lights, obey speed limits and don’t do anything else that would violate a traffic law.
- Stay sober and focused behind the wheel – In line with the above tip, make sure that you never get behind the wheel and drive if you are not sober and/or if you are not going to be able to stay focused on the task of driving. Drunk and distracted driving can be incredibly dangerous, as it can impair motorists’ judgement, perception and reaction times and, in turn, substantially increase the risk of a collision.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident or any type of traffic collision? If so, an experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Richard Langerman is here for you, ready to fight for your rights to compensation and justice.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Learn More during a Free Consult
To set up a free, no obligations initial consult with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer, call us today at (602) 240-5525 or send us an email using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior legal services and representation to clients throughout the state of Arizona.