22 Aug Teen Driver Car Accident Statistics (Part 2)
Continuing from Teen Driver Car Accident Statistics (Part 1)¸ the following are some additional eye-opening statistics regarding car accidents that involve teen drivers. These teen driver car accident statistics have been compiled by various agencies, including (but not limited to) the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, insurance companies and independent researchers.
- More than 55 percent of all fatal teenage auto accidents took place on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Approximately 75 percent of all severe car accidents that involve teen drivers are caused by some type of critical error the driver made. Specifically, these critical errors most often involve failure to see and properly respond to roadway hazards, speeding and driver distraction.
- Last year, more than 280,000 teenagers were rushed to emergency rooms to treat serious injuries they sustained in car accidents.
- The presence of teen passengers in the car with teen drivers significantly increases the risk of car accidents, with the risk climbing as the number of teen passengers in the vehicle increases.
- Nearly 60 percent of all teen passenger deaths took place in cars being driven by teen drivers.
- While about 80 percent of all teens killed in car accidents were passengers in a vehicle, about 9 percent of teens killed in car accidents were pedestrians, and about 4 percent were motorcyclists at the time of the fatal crash.
- About 25 percent of all teen driver accidents involve driver intoxication.
- Teen drivers and occupants have the lowest rate of seatbelt use when compared to drivers and vehicle occupants of other age groups.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a car accident and suspect that another driver’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix car accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. We have extensive experience representing clients both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike.
Our attorneys have a reputation for protecting our clients’ rights, ensuring they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.