16 Sep Truck Accidents and Trucking Company Liability: FAQs (Pt. 2)
Continuing from where Truck Accidents and Trucking Company Liability: FAQs (Pt. 1) left off, here we will answer some more questions about trucking company liability cases.
Q: How much is my trucking company liability case worth?
A: It depends. In general, some of the factors that will specifically impact the value of your trucking company liability claim will include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Your injuries – The specific nature of your injuries (i.e., where and how you were injured) and the severity of your injuries (i.e., the extent to which you will recover) will contribute to the value of your claim.
- Your losses – This includes the various costs and bills you’ve incurred due to the truck accident, only some of which may include car repair bills, hospital bills, etc.
- Your role in the accident – If you may have in some way contributed to the negligence that caused the accident, this can impact your compensation.
There are a number of other factors that can affect the value of a case, so it’s best to consult with an experienced truck accident attorney at the Law Office of Richard Langerman.
Q: What are punitive damages? Will they play a role in my trucking company liability case?
A: Punitive damages are the monetary awards that are handed down as a way to punish a defendant in a case. They are not available in every case, but when they are, they can be:
- Difficult to obtain, as judges and juries may not always be inclined to award them even if the case is eligible for them (Punitive damages have been stigmatized for some by frivolous claims.)
- Double or even triple the compensatory damages in a given case (Compensatory damages are the monetary awards for a plaintiff’s specific losses and damages).
- Important to the negotiations process, as they can be powerful leverage against the defendants in some cases.
To find out if punitive damages are an option in your case, contact the Law Office of Richard Langerman.
Q: How long will it take to resolve my trucking company liability case?
A: There is no immediate answer to this question. The length of time that your trucking company liability case takes to resolve will depend on the specific facts of the accident, your injuries, the complexity of the claim and a number of other factors.
Additionally, whether the trucking company is more or less willing to resolve the case will play a role in determining how long your case will be pending. The best way to get more precise answers pertaining to your situation is to contact the Phoenix truck accident attorney at the Law Office of Richard Langerman.
Be sure to look for the final installment of this blog series that will be posted.
Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have been hurt in a truck accident or in any type of traffic accident, the Phoenix truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight for you. For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
To learn more about how we can help you, call us today at (602) 240-5525 to schedule a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior representation to our clients throughout the state of Arizona.