24 Sep Truck Accidents and Trucking Company Liability: FAQs (Pt. 3)
Wrapping up our blog series Truck Accidents and Trucking Company Liability: FAQs, here we will answer some final questions that are commonly asked when people are involved in trucking company liability cases.
Q: Should I take a settlement offer in my trucking company liability case?
A: Do NOT accept or deny any settlement offer you receive until you speak with an experienced truck accident attorney to make sure that the offer is adequate and sufficiently compensates you.
Some of the specific considerations that will have to be made when a settlement offer is on the table include whether the offer will provide compensation for all of a person’s medical needs (related to the truck accident injuries) and whether it accounts for issues like lost wages, vehicle damage, permanent impairments, etc.
Here, it’s important to note that:
- Insurers and trucking company attorneys know that injured people are often financially stressed after truck accidents.
- This can make them inclined to low-ball initial settlement offers in the hopes that injured people will be desperate enough for money to accept settlements that are far less than they deserve.
- As a result, injured people should make sure that their rights and interests are protected and that settlement offers are fair by working with an experienced attorney.
Q: How long do I have to file my trucking company liability case?
A: Not as long as you may think. There are time limits for filing these cases, and they are known as statutes of limitations. While the statute of limitations for filing these types of truck accident lawsuits will vary depending on the state where a person is filing, in Arizona, the statute of limitations for these cases is two years.
This means that accident victims will have two years from the date on which the accident occurred to file their trucking company liability case. Waiting to file until after this point will result in people losing their claims to compensation for their truck accident injuries.
Q: Do I need a lawyer for my trucking company liability case?
A: Yes. Here’s why:
- You need to focus on recovering from the accident and getting your life back together.
- You need to be able to trust that you have an experienced legal professional on your side, standing up to insurance companies and advocating your interests at every phase of the case.
- A truck accident attorney will know how to negotiate on your behalf and can give you the best chances of obtaining the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman
If you have been hurt in a truck accident or in any type of traffic accident, the Phoenix truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
Call us today at (602) 240-5525 to learn more about your rights and receive professional advice regarding your case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult with our trusted attorneys.
From our offices in Phoenix, we provide superior representation to our clients throughout the state of Arizona.