13 Jan What You Need to Know About Blind Spot Vehicle Accidents (Part 1)
Blind spot accidents are, unfortunately, an all-too-common incident, especially for drivers who regularly commute during rush hour and/or are on the road a lot. In fact, nearly 850,000 blind spot vehicle accidents occur on U.S. roadways each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Additionally:
- Blind spot accidents result in more than 300 deaths each year (i.e., less than one percent of blind spot accidents are fatal).
- These accidents are generally only deadly in the event that they involve cars versus bicycles, cars versus motorcycles and/or cars versus pedestrians and when vehicles are going especially fast.
- Despite the fact that blind spot accidents are rarely fatal, they can still cause significant injuries and property damage to those involved.
- When blind spot accidents are caused by a negligent driver, victims will likely be able to secure compensation for their injuries and losses by filing car accident lawsuits against the negligent party.
Blind Spot Accident Causes
Any number of factors can cause motorists to be involved in blind spot car accidents; however, some of the most common causes of these traffic accidents include the following:
- Drivers being distracted, drunk and/or fatigued and, consequently, being careless or reckless when maneuvering their vehicles
- Drivers being inexperienced and, as a result, forgetting to check their blind spots before changing lanes or making turns
- Drivers failing to obey traffic laws by, for example, failing to use their indicators when turning, making illegal U-turns and/or running red lights.
Look for the upcoming second part of this blog for some helpful tips on what drivers can do to reduce their risk of getting into blind spot accidents.
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers
You have a choice in the lawyer you hire to handle your claim, and the choice you make can affect the compensation you receive. Make sure that your lawyer has the ability and experience to handle your case. If you have been injured in a blind spot vehicle accident and suspect that another party’s negligence or recklessness may be to blame, the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Richard Langerman will fight to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation you deserve to cover your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills.
For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been representing clients and aggressively defending their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom against defense attorneys, corporate lawyers and insurance company agents alike. In addition to having extensive experience handling motor vehicle accident lawsuits, our attorneys are also skilled at overseeing product liability cases, insurance bad faith cases and various other types of personal injury cases.
Our lawyers have a reputation for consistently and successfully protecting our clients’ rights and interests to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve. Because we accept cases on a contingency basis, you will pay no attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you. To learn more about your legal rights and receive a free initial consult, contact us today by calling (602) 240-5525.